Tuesday 27 September 2011

27th September




Horror! Barricades have appeared on the beach, dissecting the shingle and cutting off the beach to the north. This is my favourite area to walk and will be inaccessible due to sea defence work until at least December. Ironically, huge quantities of shingle have recently returned to the beach, vastly increasing the work necessary in order to install the defences. Nature plays cruel tricks.
As the tide is unusually low due to the recent equinox and works have stopped for the day (it is after 5), I slip beyond the barricades while I still can.
After a day of unusual heat, a sea fret has rolled in off the sea, reducing visibility and creating an eerie and cold atmosphere and soaking my hair and clothes.
Tidal pickings are low and I am able to travel light on my way home.

low tide: 16.26 hrs, 0.1m 
time of arrival: 17.01hrs
weather: fog, wind 9mph SE, temperature 17c
marine litter: very low quantity (sanitary towels, plastic cups, small plastic pieces)

beyond the barricades looking south
beyond the barricades looking north






No comments:

Post a Comment